The Sierra Club is an environmental organization with chapters in all 50 United States, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico. The club was founded on May 28, 1892 in San... Wikipedia
- Motto: Explore, enjoy, and protect the planet.
- Founder: John Muir
- Type: Social welfare organization
- Tax ID no.: 94-1153307
- Legal status: 501(c)(4) organization
- Purpose: To explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the earth, practice & promote responsible use of the earth's ecosystems & resources, educate & enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural & human environment, use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.
- Headquarters: 2101 Webster St. Suite 1300
- Membership: over 750,000 nationally (self-reported)
- Acting Exec. Dir.: Dan Chu
- President: Ramón Cruz
- Affiliations: Sierra Club Foundation, Sierra Student Coalition, Sierra Club Books, Sierra Club Canada
- Budget: $97,891,373 (2013)
- Data Source: DuckDuckGo